The call for abstract submissions are closed. Now accepting draft papers through October 1. Final Manuscripts due by December 15, 2021.
The committee will consider all abstracts targeting the needs of the mining industry by sharing expertise in the following:
- Comprehensive Industry Case Studies
- Seismic Monitoring and Data Analysis
- Seismic Monitoring hardware and software
- Seismic Data Processing and Interpretation
- Operational Seismic Management in Mining
- Spatial/Temporal Seismic Analysis
- Mechanistic Analysis
- Strainburst mechanics
- Fault slip mechanics
- Dynamic modelling
- Back analysis and modelling
- Risk Assessment and Mitigation
- Advances in Rockburst Seismology
- Spatial Seismic Risk Recognition
- Advances in Seismic Risk Mitigation
- Engineering Geology and Seismic Hazard
- Management and Control
- Ground Support / Control Measures
- Mine Sequencing and Design
- Rockmass Preconditioning
- Hydraulic Fracturing
Communication from SME
Please set your spam filter to accept messages from “smenet.org”, "RaSiM10" and “SME”. SMEweb is the address of the server that sends messages from the program committee to you via our online submission and review database, so do not reply to it. Please contact SME Authors Support at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive a submission confirmation email or notifications from the program committee by the deadline dates below.
Presenting Author Registration, Funding, and Visa Application
Presenting authors are required to register and pay fees. You are responsible for arranging your own funding; SME does not have funds available to pay registration or travel expenses. You are encouraged to begin planning for funding and visa arrangements now, as these processes can sometimes take several months.
The Preliminary Program
The preliminary program and registration materials will be posted online.
A Note about Deadlines
Deadlines will be strictly enforced in order to ensure efficient, fair, and professional management. NO exceptions will be made. Please mark your calendar with important conference dates and plan so that your activities take place well before deadlines to avoid unforeseen or unavoidable delays in your schedule, to avoid technical overloads or human error caused by last minute "traffic jams," and to give SME and Program Committee member’s time to help you if needed.
- March 18, 2021 - Abstract Submission Site open
- May 31, 2021 - Abstracts Due
- October 1, 2021 – Draft Papers Due for Review
- December 15, 2021 – Final Manuscripts Due
Ready To Submit Your Manuscripts Online?
Manuscriptt submissions are due on or before December 15, 2021.