Abstract submission is now open. Review the submission criteria and make your submission.
Abstracts must be submitted using the online submission form. No emailed abstracts will be accepted.
Submitters will be notified of acceptance in May 2021.
The Program Committee is expecting many abstracts. It is, therefore, important to convey the most important points of your proposed paper within your abstract. Below we have provided the abstract review criteria to help you in determining what to include in your 400-word abstract. We welcome abstracts targeting the needs of the mining industry by sharing expertise in the following:
To view topics under the general subject, please select a subject from the left hand column.
- Comprehensive Industry Case Studies
- Seismic Monitoring hardware and software
- Seismic Data Processing and Interpretation
- Operational Seismic Management in Mining
- Spatial/Temporal Seismic Analysis
- Strainburst mechanics
- Fault slip mechanics
- Dynamic modelling
- Back analysis and modelling
- Advances in Rockburst Seismology
- Spatial Seismic Risk Recognition
- Advances in Seismic Risk Mitigation
- Engineering Geology and Seismic Hazard
- Ground Support / Control Measures
- Mine Sequencing and Design
- Rockmass Preconditioning
- Hydraulic Fracturing
- Do the subjects conveyed in the abstract add value to tunneling and underground construction industry?
- Does the abstract convey aspects that are new/novel and/or unique?
- Is the abstract written with correct English grammar and sentence structure?
- Does the subject matter align with the conference topics or propose an interesting topic or project?
Suggested Abstract Criteria
- Does the title of the abstract reflect the subject described in the abstract?
- Does the subject of the abstract match one of the themes stated as topics?
- Is the theme of the abstract relevant and interesting for mining and minerals industry in general?
- Is the quality of the English language acceptable for publication?
Check Your Submission for Accuracy
Please check to ensure that all of your contact information, the title of your presentation, and your summary are complete and correct, as they will be printed exactly as you have submitted them. In particular, please ensure that your presentation title and abstract are not truncated due to character and word limits.
It is your responsibility to make the changes online or to send questions about submissions to SME before the deadline of May 1, 2021 so that we can still help you make the changes or input the submission on time.
- Accepted abstracts MUST present at the meeting.
- All presenters must register and pay conference fees.
Abstract Editing and Reporting for Accepted Authors and Chairs:
For questions regarding abstract submission, please contact email@example.com
Questions about Abstract Submission?
For more information, please contact
SME Authors Support
12999 E. Adam Aircraft Circle
Englewood, CO 80112